This spice is used for numerous culinary purposes. It is counted among the most used spices in various parts of the world.
- It is a main ingredient for various dishes in the Indian cuisine.
- This spice is used for seasoning chicken and fish along with various other spices like Coriander and Cumin.
- They are widely used for flavouring snacks, biscuits, sauces, soups, as well as for making vegetables in India.
- The seeds are highly beneficial for the digestive system.
- They are rich in various vitamins, minerals, and anti-oxidants, as well as effective home remedy for dyspepsia.
- Ajwain seeds are used in Ayurvedic medicine for treating acidity, flatulence, migraine headache and common cold.
- The seeds are beneficial during pregnancy as they help in digestion, increase appetite and maintain the proper health of the uterus.
- They are also a good home remedy for various health problems such as anorexia, abdominal gas, vomiting, travel sickness and nausea, as well as used in milk for feeding a small children. It is believed to cure colic in babies.