Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) is a flowering plant species in the carrot family. It is a hardy, perennial herb with yellow flowers and feathery leaves.
- Fennel has long been used as a remedy for flatulence and indigestion in traditional medicines.
- Fennel seed decoction or added as a spice in food has been found to increase breast milk secretion in nursing mothers.
- Fennel water often is used in newborn babies to relieve colic pain and help aid digestion.
- Fennel seed oil is used to relieve coughs, bronchitis and as a massage oil to cure joint pains.
- Helps regulate Blood Pressure.
- Reduce water retention, as well as Asthma Symptoms.