The moong dal is one of the most flexible pulses available. Not only can you make it into a simple dal, but it’s used to make sweets as well. Plus green moong sprouts are a wonderful source of protein. They are available whole, split, with skin on, and removed.
- It is a good source of protein and dietary fiber.
- It is low in fat and rich in potassium, calcium and B complex vitamins.
- It is easy to digest and not like other pulses which are heavy for digestion.
- Dietician always recommends eating fibrous lentils at least three times a week.
- The fiber in these lentils helps to decrease high cholesterol.
- Mostly this dal is cooked for sick persons in the home.